Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Corn, Rain and the first snow...

Hi followers, 

sorry for the late update of my tour. It's corn season in Idaho and it's busy. Because of the wet and late spring, the crops are about 3 weeks behind. And last week, the weather has really changed. You can feel, that the winter is coming. So the customers are under pressure to get it all done before the frost comes. The demos in Idaho have been very successful. The customers really liked the capacity of the BiG X 1100. You can get so much done in a short time compared to competitive machines. The yield has been very uneven this year. I chopped corn from 25 Tons/ac up to 35+ Ton/ac. On the pictures you can see, how dusty it is during chopping. That's why heavy duty wearliners in the chopper are so important...






Last week, we had some rain coming through and there was no chopping going on. I used that chance to visit the Yellowstone National Park. I picked the worst day in the week and because of rain and snow later in afternoon, I didn't get to see everything. Another reason, why I should come back...









Right now, I am on my way to Oregon. There are waiting the last acres of Corn to chop for the BiG MAN. I should start chopping on wednesday. They got rain right now, hopefully that changes...

Regards from The BiG MAN, 

Benedikt

No comments:

Post a Comment