Monday, October 17, 2011

An interesting week on the road…


Hi followers,

Last Monday I went from Boise in Idaho to Oregon. Along the Columbia River I drove about 500 miles to our dealership in Albany, south of Portland. Last week I ran several demos in conditions, which made me feel like home. Oregon is much more like Germany: Smaller fields, a lot of trees and rivers and a different climate. During the summer they got enough rain, so that they don’t need to irrigate to make farming possible. In the fall during the corn harvest, it is getting almost too wet. The same last week: Because of several rain showers, the trucks couldn’t go everywhere in the field. They were using dump boxes…













The same thing on the pit: Smaller piles and less horsepower. I was surprised about the length of cut, the farms want to see. Some customers have to take knives out and chopping with up to 36 mm. That put some demands on the KP…






Because of more rain, we couldn’t run any more demos. So end of the week, I moved over to Reno, driving for 11 hours and over 500 miles again. This post I am just writing in Canada. My collegue and me flew over to Edmonton in Alberta today. This week we are going to visit some customers and if the weather is cooperating, we might have a change to chop some Canadian corn. We will see…
 
Best regards from up north,

Benedikt

No comments:

Post a Comment